We are currently looking to add a Permitting Coordinator to the Commence Logistics team. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in the residential permitting sector. Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are a must.
Job: Permitting Coordinator
The Permitting Coordinator will serve as a liaison between Commence and our customers to ensure questions are being answered, documents are being submitted, follow-ups are being made, and meetings are being held promptly.
- Handle all documents, correspondence, and data entry required to receive building permits.
- Ensure timely processing of plans, permits and applications; manage, and coordinate the routing and tracking of plans to various departments and outside agencies for required reviews and clearances; perform follow-up phone calls to ensure timeliness of response from other departments and agencies.
- ·Monitor and maintain computer applications and tracking systems; coordinate improvement and upkeep of information systems, databases, and scanning; maintaining orderly records of all projects and file accordingly
- Communicate regularly through weekly meetings and emails to management regarding the status of permits
- Record data regularly and prepare periodic company reports promptly
- Assist in processing paperwork to result in a complete project folder.
- Previous experience permitting in the local market preferred (1-2 years of construction-related experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with time management, and ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively or independently
- Solves problems in a creative, empathetic, confident fashion while keeping Company interests in mind
- Self-motivated with persuasive, enthusiastic, and customer-service oriented personality and outstanding organizational skills; detail-oriented aptitude.
- Positive, friendly, professional personality
Benefits: Health Insurance, dental insurance, paid time off