We are currently looking for an experienced construction estimator to join our estimating department. The ideal candidate would have prior experience in residential and commercial estimating. Advanced computer knowledge, organizational skills and the ability to be detail- oriented are a must. Previous shell construction is preferred – Concrete, Block, and Wood Framing
- Be able to meet expected deadlines on estimates
- Identify potential cost savings or value engineering ideas for clients
- Develop an understanding of our in-house operating systems and how it relates to the estimating department.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and REVU Bluebeam software.
- Understand the construction process from commencement to completion with in the scope of work given
- Identifying deficiencies in the drawings and other source information and be able to provide pricing for such deficiencies
- Understanding the scope of work with an ability to identify inclusions and exclusions with in a plan
- Accurately depicting takeoff elements of the work
- Weekly site visits to develop an understanding the use of material.
- Work along side the Operations / Field Management to ensure all material is being accurately ordered and appropriately used.
- 3+ years experience in shell construction estimating
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings
- Strong computer skills
- Proven understanding of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships
- Teachability is a must
- Must be able to work in a team centered environment and bring solutions when necessary
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Benefits: Health Insurance, dental insurance, paid time off